- Do you have to be a member of Mt. Hebron Methodist Church to attend counseling?
Answer – No. Anyone is welcome to attend counseling whether they are associated with the church or not.
- How much does counseling cost if I pay for it myself?
Answer – The Counseling Service operates on a fee for service basis and the charge is $95.00 per session ($110.00 for the initial session). In situations where persons are unable to pay the full fee, a reduced rate for a pre-determined number of sessions may be negotiated, drawing on a limited Subsidy Fund provided by Mt. Hebron United Methodist Church and other donations.
- Do I have to have a referral to schedule an appointment?
Answer – Referrals are not required. However, if your insurance requires a pre-certification you should call the company to have that authorized, or we will be happy to obtain it once you come for your appointment.
- How will I know if you accept my insurance?
Answer – Check with your insurance company (either by phone or their website). The counselors are providers for most major insurance companies and the majority of the Employee Assistance Programs (EAP).
- My employer offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and I would like to use those benefits rather than insurance. How do I get an authorization and set up an appointment using my EAP?
Answer – Check with your HR department for the contact phone number, or it may be a separate number listed on the back of your insurance card. EAPs generally require that the client call for the authorization and not the provider.
- How soon can I schedule an appointment?
Answer – We try to schedule an appointment within 7 to 10 days. In the case of an emergency we will do our best to have someone seen that day or the next.
- Do you accept Medicare?
Answer - Yes, Donna Burrows is our Medicare provider. Although an experienced counselor, she is new to our group and is in the process of being added to other insurance panels. As a result, in a few instances, she may not be able to accept your secondary insurance at this time.
- Do you accept Medicaid?
Answer - No, we do not accept Medicaid.
- Do you accept credit or debit card payments?
Answer – Yes, we accept Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Can the counselor prescribe medication?
Answer – No, but your counselor will work with your family doctor in getting the correct prescription to help you.
For additional questions or to set up an appointment, please call the Counseling Service office at (803) 791-0495 or click below.